Marco playing with trains.
I'm just a little bit anal when it comes to my house being tidy and clean. I'm really working on that-letting my kids just play and if it involves a mess, so be it. I've unconsciously not turned the tv on lately. It seems a lot quieter, less tense, and a lot messier in our house! I used to think that if the tv were on, the kids wouldn't whine or fight as much, would let me get stuff done and be entertained. Well, I've found that even without the tv, they don't really fight, whine and they are thoroughly entertained on their own. I can get stuff done while they are busy playing. I find them using their imagination a lot more and being a lot more stimulated through books, toys and art! WOW! Imagine that! What an epiphony! I know, it's taken me a while to learn, but I've finally figured it out....turn off the tv!!!
5 comments:
I agree! I am so glad I cancelled my cable. I still have local channels so I can watch the news but no more of the other stuff. It has been a lot quiter at our house and my kids are playing way more.
Wanna teach this to Christopher? Although, I will admit that I put them in front of movies more often than I "should" sometimes, too.
Shirley
Good for you! Kids need to play and pretend. Those kids are smart and it's so good for them. Lucia reminds me of you when you were her age! I'm proud of you. Mom
so funny that you posted this. We are on week number 2 of NO TV! I know, it doesn't seem huge, but it's huge to us. Everything you said is so true- the kids actually play more and use their imagination. So wonderful. :) Glad we're all in this together. Did you guys move into a new house? Where?
I get really overwhelmed when the TV is on... it is just extra noise and the kids don't even really watch it. I agree- they are much better off just playing and using their imaginations!!! I love the picture of Sylvie's pony tail- so cute!
Post a Comment