Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Thinking back...
So, today Julio came home from work and said, "I feel my life is going to change soon" (he has a job interview this week)and it got me to thinking. I thought about how much my life has changed in the past six or seven years. I was talking to my friend Camille today and it made me think about our single years in LA (we were in the same singles ward and lived in the same building). The single life down in LA was so eventful-we would go out to dinner every weekend, go shopping on the Santa Monica Promenade, have picnics on Malibu Beach, go to concerts at the Hollywood Bowl, we traveled, we hung out with "Industry People" (I dated a guy who is in Napoleon Dynamite), go to parties in Bel Air. Seven years ago, Camille and I and some other friends went to Washington DC for a week. Eight years ago, a friend and I went to Europe. Our lives were so glamorous then and we did a lot of fun things, but I was so lonely. I wouldn't go back to that time for anything.It seems like not that long ago, but so much has happenned since then! I love my life now with my husband and children. As challenging and unglamorous as it is, it isn't ever dull and I feel so much love in my life that I didn't have back then. I'm so grateful for all the experiences I've had in my life and what they have taught me. Being single all that time helped me to appreciate my family more and I love them so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're doing a great work while you are giving to your family. Those precious little latter day spirits were sent to you for a purpose! I am so proud of you. Love, Mom
I'm so glad you are happy. I have to say though I really miss England and all the travel, but I had my family with me, so it was the best of both worlds! How is Tess? Did you watch the show?
I did finish Tess and though it was so tragic, I loved it! I did watch the PBS version as well.
Hey guys!
We miss you, our Library trips have been fewer due to the holidays and a few episodes of cold/ flu in our home. Hope to see you again soon!
P.S. If you are interested, my parents still would love to rent their house to you! It's sitting empty right now!
Isn't it funny how much life changes? Who wouldn't be happy with those 3 little kids of yours? I'm sure crazy about them!
Nikki - I hope you don't mind. I remember this entry of yours and I referenced it in my blog tonight. Thanks for being honest and sharing!
Post a Comment