So, I feel like I make a lot of food. Three times a day I'm officially in the kitchen preparing something for someone. This week for dinner we've had some variety and it's been pretty good. Monday night we had grilled talapia with homemade salsa, rice and spinach salad. That was a pretty healthy meal. Tuesday we had meatloaf, baked yams, and spinach salad again. Another pretty healthy meal. Then last night I tried something new-mozzarella sticks. They were so yummy, but very fattening. We also had gnocchi with tomato sauce and green beans. I think occasionally I need to write things down so I don't have to think so hard about what to make for dinner all the time! Here are some good back-up meals:
Tostadas with beans, cheese and salsa
Homemade pizza
Hot dogs and potatoes
German pancake
They are all fast and cheap. Anyway, just thought I'd blog about food for once, since it is such a huge part of our daily life.
5 comments:
Your meals sound so good. I have such a hard time coming up with food ideas and it's just me and Jeff.
Katie makes a monthly meal planner. I am too moody for that. I have a list hanging up and I pull from that a lot. because when you are tired and feel brain dead, you already made everything you can think of it is nice to have a plan B and a Lasagna in the freezer.
Hey...here is a great place for menu planning and some pretty great recipes too! It's simplifysupper.com! I'm in the process of making a menu that we repeat every month...with a few spaces for new dishes to try and going out of course, but I'm hoping that will help me. I was reading about how you make double the meat (like chicken) on Monday then, use it in something else Wednesday. And do the same thing with a different meat Tuesday and use it Thursday. I'm all about trying to make it more simple and healthy!
You are so good. I'm never organized enough and am always digging through my cupboards to see if I have all of the ingredients for a recipe- hey you already knew that about me- how many times did I ask you for missing ingredients! We do alot of chicken and veggies and crockpotting!
It's Monday afternoon- Noelle and I have been having fun looking at your older posts and pictures!
Post a Comment