I know you're all dying to hear the details, so hear they are. ;-) Last Thursday I went to my 38 week check-up with the midwife. She asked me if I was ready to have the baby and I said, Sure! So she stripped my membranes and told me I had a day or two until I went into labor. So, I went home and went about my business. My mom had a play to go to that night and told me not to go into labor until the next day! So, I was determined not to go into labor until Friday. Didn't you all know, you have no control over your labor? I found that out the hard way. I started feeling contractions about 9 pm and so I decided to go to bed and see if I could "sleep them off". I woke up at 11 and thought the contractions were getting stronger, but decided to go back to sleep. Finally at 12:30 I thought, these are not going away, I better get up and get ready to go. It was getting painful and they were already 5 minutes apart. So I took a shower, ate and called my mom at 1:30. She got there at 2 am and we left for South Sac. It took us 20 min. to get there. By the time we got in, my contractions were 2 minutes apart and very strong! They put me right into the labor room. I started begging for an epidural, but those cruel nurses and doctor wouldn't do it. They said it was too late! I was dilated to 8 cm. I was not mentally prepared to go the natural route and so I started to freak out! I don't do pain! They wanted me to start pushing and I wasn't ready. Finally after about 45 minutes of pointless pushing, they gave me some narcotic in my IV that made my head spin-but did calm me down a bit. Didn't take away the pain though-I thought I was going to die! When she came out I felt that "ring of fire" you hear about. It was the worste feeling ever. But, once she was out-it was over! I felt a big gush of relief and happiness. She is so beautiful and I fell in love with her immediately.
Unfortunately, on her two day appointment they tested her for jaundice and she had it. So we were admitted to the hospital yesterday for phototherapy. I had to stay the night with her and didn't get a wink of sleep. I'm exhausted! She's ok now and we're home. I'll keep you posted on her.
5 comments:
Quite the story!!
Let me know what I can do to help!
happy day! you should be so proud of yourself - you survived it! and what a beautiful name - not to mention adorable baby. so happy for you all! enjoy - and get some rest.
Congratulations Nikki and Julio! Sylvia is beautiful! And great job with the labor/delivery. :) I'll keep checking the blog for updated pics!
You go girl! Wish I was there to help!
It was all very exciting. Sylvi is so beautiful and already is showing she has a sweet, peaceful spirit. You did good. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment