Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Shining Moment

A couple of Saturdays ago, we had a Primary activity about the Sabbath Day. The little mini-lesson I did was on appropriate Sunday music. We listened to different kinds of music and discussed what makes us feel reverent and calm and what makes us feel excited and active. Well, tonight I learned that Lucia actually listened and took in what I was saying and applied it to her own life. She and Marco like to listen to music when they go to bed. Usually, Marco has to lisen to "Totoro" (a soundtrack from a Japanese anime movie). He loves it and sings all the lyrics in Japanese-it's pretty funny to hear. Anyway, tonight Lucia wanted to hear the Primary Songs cd. So, I put it on and Marco started to throw a tantrum. So I told her I was going to get Marco's juice and then I would switch the cd to Totoro. She came into the kitchen and said;
"Mom, it's ok, Marco will calm down and be reverent listening to "I am a Child of God". Totoro makes him excited and wild-don't worry, he'll calm down."
I was so touched by her comment and realized she did learn something at that activity! She is such a sweet, smart little girl and she teaches me important things everyday. Mom loves ya Lucia!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I think sometimes we underestimate how much our kids understand! Thanks for the story~

Michele said...

That's very sweet. Isn't amazing how much our children teach us! Hope you are feeling well. Good luck to Julio in his job search.

The Hills... said...

Wow, I am so impressed. She is one smart little girl. I'm so glad I get to watch her grow up!