
I was reading a Bon Appetite magazine we got in the mail today and saw an article on souffles. It reminded me of when I lived in LA and my friends and I would go to the Mustache Cafe and get chocolate souffles. They were delicious! So, I got a major craving. I have never attempted to make one of these before, but I am going to do it this afternoon. Anyone out there ever made a souffle? What was your experience? I got this recipe on recipetsar.com
Chocolate Souffle
Ingredients
6 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 large egg yolks
10 large egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
icing sugar
whipped cream
Directions
1Butter a soufflé dish and dust with sugar, tapping out excess.
2Preheat oven to 430F.
3Melt chocolate and stir until smooth.
4Whisk butter into hot chocolate; add yolks and combine well.
5Beat egg whites until frothy.
6Beat in sugar gradually, and beat until whites hold stiff peaks.
7Lighten chocolate mixture with ¼ of the whites, and then gently fold in remaining whites (a few white streaks may show, and this is not a problem).
8Pour into prepared dish.
9Put dish in slightly larger baking pan and add enough hot water in second pan to reach 1/3 up the side of the soufflé dish.
10Bake for 40 minutes (center will be very soft).
11Give a light dusting of icing sugar over top, bring to table immediately.
12Serve with Whipped Cream.
Ingredients
6 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 large egg yolks
10 large egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
icing sugar
whipped cream
Directions
1Butter a soufflé dish and dust with sugar, tapping out excess.
2Preheat oven to 430F.
3Melt chocolate and stir until smooth.
4Whisk butter into hot chocolate; add yolks and combine well.
5Beat egg whites until frothy.
6Beat in sugar gradually, and beat until whites hold stiff peaks.
7Lighten chocolate mixture with ¼ of the whites, and then gently fold in remaining whites (a few white streaks may show, and this is not a problem).
8Pour into prepared dish.
9Put dish in slightly larger baking pan and add enough hot water in second pan to reach 1/3 up the side of the soufflé dish.
10Bake for 40 minutes (center will be very soft).
11Give a light dusting of icing sugar over top, bring to table immediately.
12Serve with Whipped Cream.
5 comments:
Wow, that sounds so fancy! I'm sure Brian could eat 5 or 6 of those in one sitting. I go to allrecipes.com for a a lot of my recipes. They include reviews and ratings from people who have tried out the recipes, so I usually know which ones will be good. They might have a good Souffle recipe on the website.
just be really careful. there's a movie with a girl who's a great chef... um, oh, Because I Say So - there's a running joke in the movie about perfect souffles and it's true - you have to get it perfect - mine always fall in the middle - but you know what, whipping cream is a great hole-filler. and it still tastes just as yummy as the ones that don't fall.
I've never made one. Let us know how it goes!
Yummy yummy. I have never made a souffle. Let me know how it goes - I think I will have to try one someday.
Ok-I made one last night but I used a different recipe than the one here. It turned out perfectly! I just followed the directions exactly and it was delicious! I'll post a picture of it. I think just following step by step instructions, anyone can do it.
Post a Comment