Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some favorite recent eats

This past week, I’ve enjoyed making a couple of new things. I make a fruit smoothie every day. It’s cheaper to make it at home than to go to Jamba Juice. I usually make one with frozen berries, but decided to mix it up a bit and go with frozen peaches instead. So I put a vanilla yogurt, half a banana, frozen peaches, ice and apple juice in the blender. It’s delicious!

The other thing I made this week was a zucchini pizza. I make the pizza dough in the kitchen aid. The recipe is really simple and I will post it if anyone asks. SmileThen I roll out the dough and brush a thing layer of butter (or you can use olive oil) over the top. Then I add mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese. Then I put a layer of thinly sliced zucchini on top of the cheese, sprinkle fresh rosemary, garlic salt and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the top. Then I bake it for 15 minutes. It was so good!

3 comments:

Callie said...

Sounds yummy!

Claudia said...

Yum-o..way to use all that zuchinni Nikki!

Tami said...

I would love a good pizza recipe! I have never had success making pizza dough!