Monday, July 11, 2011

I <3 July!

So last week was Independence Day and the Mom’s birthday. It was a busy week. We celebrated the 4th at Mom and Dad’s swimming and relaxing. Callie and Brian were there for a while and some friend’s of my parents. (I forgot the camera). We did sparklers and a couple of fireworks in the street when it got dark finally at 9:30 and then we headed home.  Lucia bawled because we didn’t go see the fireworks, but it was late and everyone was tired. We did get to see some from our car, but apparently that wasn’t good enough for her because she said, “This is the worse 4th of July ever!” Oh well, maybe next year will be better. 
On Wed., we decided to go surprise Mom at work for her birthday with balloons. The kids got to eat some of the birthday cake a co-worker had made for her and they were so happy! 

DSCN4070

DSCN4074

Since poor little baby cousin had been in the hospital (she’s ok) we only got together for dessert that night to celebrate Mom’s birthday.

DSCN4085

Another thing that happened last week is Julio’s car overheated and was in the shop all week. After $2k it was fixed. UGH! I was so mad!

Here is a cousin picture. I just love that Eden gets so excited to come to Aunt Nikki’s house to play with her cousins!

DSCN4005

DSCN3987

Kids playing in the backyard.

DSCN4027

All 4 of them together.

DSCN4055

Tessa and Totoro (I think Lucia took this picture)

DSCN4041

Tessa and Lucia.

DSCN4031

Tessa and Marco

DSCN4036

Tessa and Sylvie.

*Update on the job situation. On Friday, Julio got an email from a firm he interviewed with 6 months ago. They said they now had an open position that they thought would be a good fit for him. So he has another interview today. Another option to think about.

3 comments:

Tami said...

YEAH! Pictures! I love it. Tessa has grown, still tiny, but has now lost her newborn look. She is so cute. THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT! I will call you soon, but in the meantime, thanks! It is really cute.

Claudia said...

Thanks again, Nik, for coming and bringing the kids the the goodies! I love showing all of you off! As for Lucia, she forgot all the fun stuff we did on the 4th!! It was a fun relaxing day! Love you!

Caprene said...

Wow, when it rains, it pours. 3 job options. Good luck with the decision.