I have to write this one down so I don’t forget it. Yesterday in church, one of the speakers didn’t show up, so the bishop said he would be calling people from the congregation to get up and share their testimony. Julio kept saying-he’s going to call you up there. I was in denial. First the bishop called up four men. Then another teenage boy, then me. I handed Tessa to Julio and started the long walk from the back of the chapel to the pulpit. Sylvie freaked out of course and followed me up to the front row where I sat waiting for my turn to speak. She kept saying to me, “You have to go up there mommy, sorry!” I told her to stay on the bench and I would go up there and then come back and get her. Of course, that didn’t fly with her. When I got up to go up to the pulpit, she started screaming, “No mommy! Don’t go!” I picked her up and her screaming was heard through the microphone. I looked out at the congregation-some people were smiling, some had looks of horror on their faces. I was so embarrassed, I couldn’t speak. After what seemed like an eternity, Julio passed the baby off to someone and came up and took Sylvie out-screaming the whole way! I got lots of comments from people afterwards saying things like, “You’ve got your hands full” or “She’s got a lot of energy and spunk.” But, someone also asked me, “Where is the little wild one?” and another lady said, “It will be interesting to watch her grow up and be able to express her emotions and wants more effectively.” That was a very diplomatic way of saying, “Hopefully she’ll grow out of her craziness!” Oh Sylvie.
4 comments:
I am so sorry! I have never had an experience like that, but almost every week after sacrament when Lilly was that age someone would make some comment about her and her abundance of energy!
One day you will be so glad you wrote it down!
OH, Nikki! That is embarrassing, but a good one to write down. She will grow up and you will all get a good laugh out of it someday. Those little personalities are the leaders in our world!!!!
That is sooo Sylvie! I'm sure people were more sympathetic than you realize. Sylvie,Sylvie..gotta love that little spitfire!
haha! We all have those days. Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment