Two weekends ago, (before I got sick), we went to Southern California. Julio had a court hearing in Riverside, so we decided to tag along. The trip did not start out well-Sylvie was throwing up in the car. We had to stop in Modesto for another court hearing and then we headed down. The trip was very long with a sick child, traffic and then the long, windy road up the mountain to Lake Arrowhead to the Potter's house. We even took dramamine and it didn't help much! It took me two days to get over the vertigo! We did get to go to Arrowhead Village on Friday to look around and the kids went on some rides. Then, we went back to the Potter's house where I nursed a sick baby all day while Julio was in Riverside. At least Marco and Lucia played well all day and didn't whine or fight. It was nice of Serena and Franz to host us. They live in a beautiful place-it's just so hard to get there. Saturday we went to Abuela's house for lunch then headed to Yesenia and Elliott's for Valerie's 18th birthday party. The second we walked in their house, Marco's eyes swelled up from his cat allergy. It was nice to see all the Hernandez family and meet our new baby cousin Halea. It was a fun party, but we were so ready to come home on Sunday-Sylvie and I flew home to avoid the long drive. Then, I got sick. Oh well. We're done traveling for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment