We love to read stories. Some of our favorites are the Fancy Nancy books, Max and Ruby or any Rosemary Wells books, Angelina Ballerina books, Pinkalicious, Purplicious and Goldalicious, Laura Numeroff books (the new Jellybeans stories are a lot of fun) The Ladybug Girl books, Arthur books, Clifford books, and Little Miss Spider books. What are some of your favorite children's books? We're always looking for good books to read!
6 comments:
My girls love Alice the Fairy (by the same author that writes all the David books...I know his first name is David, can't remember his last name right now). We also have some Usborne books that my kids love. They also love Curious George and nonfiction books about animals. Another fave-Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. We love books too!!!
Oh yes, we've read Alice the Fairy and Curious George, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I'll have to find the Usborne books. Thanks for the suggestions!
We are on a nursery rhyme kick- we have them almost all memorized! We also love the original Winnie the Pooh series, the Froggy series and the Friend. (We read it cover to cover- thanks for the subscription!) I should get to the library more- can't seem to do it with all 3 kids- thanks for the suggestions! Corom is our reader- so much more interested in books than Noelle!
Anything by David Shannon and Jane Yolen. Another favorite with the boys - and perhaps Marco - are books by Jon Scieszka. Also, try reading chapter books out loud to the kids. (I just told them the book doesn't have pictures and they could make up pictures in their head to go with the story.) I think the first one I chose was Stuart Little. You also can't go wrong with the classic fairy tales. You can also find updated versions, such as the story of the three little pigs told by the big bad wolf. Ooh! Try Roberto the Insect Architect by Nina Laden. Ooh! Also, the Chato books by Gary Soto.
We have at least 30 library books out at any one time. No TV in our house. Only books. I honestly think that's why Diego is so advanced (he's 4th grade reading at 6-7th grade level) and why Elias is doing so well despite his autism.
So great that your kids love books. I'll be taking notes of your favorites. So far all Eden cares for are the ones that have flaps or make sounds! :)
A couple of our favorites is "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub" by Audrey Wood and Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems (the guy who wrote Don't Let the Pidgeon Drive the Bus.)
We are also accumulating a nice collection of books by Jan Brett. A second grade teacher I know absolutely loves her and has been gifting me them. My favorite so far by her is Honey, Honey, Lion!
Shirley
Post a Comment