I made it! The kids and Julio survived! It was a nice r&r time at Callie and Brian's house. It was fun to just talk and hang out, play with cute little Eden and sleep. It was a very long trip getting there. I will never fly United again-it's ridiculous that I have to fly to SFO and then have a nearly 4 hour layover before flying to Phoenix. There were delays on the way back too. Annoying! So, I felt like I missed out on some time I could have spent there. Anyway, Friday I was so tired from getting up at 4 am, I just wanted a nap and to eat. We did go play games at Callie and Brian's friends house that night. Saturday we headed to the famous Ranch Market-very authentic Mexican mercado with cow head in the meat case and yummy ceviche and fish tacos. We headed down/up (?) to Mesa to see the temple and meet my cousin Suzanne and her family. I hadn't seen her since our grandma's funeral 8 years ago. It was nice to catch up. They were so nice to treat us to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen-it was delicious. Sunday was just church and relaxing. Monday we planned on doing more, but by the time we were ready to go, it was close to my departure time, so we just drove through downtown and got Jamba Juice. By the time I got back-after about 6 hours of travel, I was so happy to see my family. I missed them so much. I am so grateful to such a wonderful husband and my Dad and Brandon for taking good care of the kids while I was gone. Thanks to Callie and Brian for letting me come stay and for being such great hosts!
3 comments:
Cute pictures. Glad you had such a good time with your Sis. Also glad everyone survived. Sorry I was sick and didn't do more with the kids. Thank goodness for Dad and B!
So fun- glad you were able to have some time to travel by yourself. I'll have to check out Callie's pictures too! Miss you guys!
How fun for you! You look great Nic! Your children are so beautiful! I read you past updates on your blog. I thought you were not going to blog with the entry you put out there. I'm glad you are! Home schooling can be though it sounds like! I home all day too...when Friday comes I am SO ready to have a break!
Post a Comment