I have some pictures to upload, but the computer won't read my card...
So, this is my blog-I can complain if I want to. I'm tired. My kids haven't been sleeping well for about a week now and I'm feeling extremely sleep deprived. Plus, I have a terrible case of athlete's foot. From what? I have no idea! But it hurts! So, enough griping for now.
Last week we had a Chinese New Year's celebration with about 20 of our homeschool friends. It was a great success-despite Marco getting injured the night before and having to go to the doctor's. We learned about the Chinese zodiac, made lanterns, felt potstickers, red money envelopes, and had Chinese snacks. Lucia has started her Friday classes at the charter's learning center. She's had art and science, but because of a scheduling conflict with our play group-we'll switch her to an emergent read class. She is doing really well-can count money, and is blending simple words. She's got quite a repertoir of high frequency words. Since we started learning about money-she became interested in Lincoln. So, we read and studied up on Lincoln. Tomorrow we are going to a Valentine's party at a friend's house. The only thing about homeschool is feeling so secluded. I'm home with kids all day and don't get out much. I'm also just...tired. The days go by so fast and I feel like a lot of things don't get done. Oh well.
Until next time!
2 comments:
i totally understand! You are an incredible homeschooler--way to jump in with both feet! Your party sounds fun!
Sorry you are so exhausted- it think the feelings of seclusion add to the tired. It's hard feeling like you are home all the time without much social interaction. On the flip side, you are one SUPER WOMAN doing homeschool. I know I could never, ever do it. I just don't have the discipline or patience. Your time is going to pay off- bonding with the kids and giving them positive memories! Great talking to you today!
Post a Comment