So despite all the escrow drama, something positive happenned. When I went to pick up Lucia from school today, her sub said to me, "I could use a few more like her."
Another new thing, I made my favorite food tonight; gnocchi! I tried them for the first time on my mission and when they're good, they're good! I made sweet potato gnocchi tonight and they were delicious!!! Here is the recipe (this is half of the original recipe)
2 sweet potatoes peeled and quartered
1 cup riccota cheese
1 cup flour
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
Boil potatoes 25-30 minutes in salted water until soft. Drain potatoes completely and return to the stove to mash and evaporate all water.
Put mashed potatoes in a bowl and add all ingredients-leave some flour to knead the dough on a heavily floured surface. Knead the dough until it forms a soft ball. You will need to add more flour so it isn't too sticky. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Form long snake like pieces and then cut them into 1 inch pieces. Form a dimple in the middle with your finger. Place the gnocchi in boiling water for 3-4 min-when they float to the surface. You won't be able to boil them all at once. Place gnocchi's on paper towels to drain and cover to keep warm.
To serve-put melted butter, parmesan cheese and pepper on top. !buen provecho!
No comments:
Post a Comment