Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, it's been a while since I've posted, but we've had a busy month and a wonderful Christmas! I'd dare say it was the best Christmas ever. We did so many things to get into the spirit of Christmas: going to see the lights, making goodies to deliver to people, going to parties, decorating the house and the tree.
Christmas Eve we did our big family party with the Aldama's. We started a new tradition last year of having a White Elephant gift exchange. It was fun. We also celebrate Noelle's birthday, had a delicious ham and turkey dinner, and then we ended the night singing Christmas carols.
I love playing Santa for our kids. Julio and I were up until 1 am assemblying all the toys and then we open our gifts to each other. We were exhausted! Lucia woke us up in the morning by telling us that Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk, and oh, by the way, she got a Disney Princess talking kitchen. THe kids were so excited about their gifts this year, it was so fun to watch them open them. THen we went to my parents house to open all the family gifts. The aftermath was amazing! We relaxed the rest of the day and had leftovers and our homemade empanadas (another new tradition)Callie and Brian prepared a FHE about the symbols of Christmas that brought the Spirit into the home and reminded us of the true meaning of the day.
I'm sad that all the family has gone home and the holidays are over. The cousins got to play together a lot and they had so much fun. We will miss them so much. Back to real life now. It's time to set some new goals, tomorrow!

3 comments:

maryam said...

Christmas is so much more fun as an adult! I love seeing my kiddies happy. Happy New Year!!!

Farley Smiles said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!

Potters said...

Ha! That hat looks a little big still! can you roll it up at the bottom?