Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our electronic Christmas letter

For those of you who I don't have an email address for, this is what I sent out this year. If I don't have your email and would like to receive a letter, please send it to me at nicolerh1975@yahoo.comMerry Christmas 2008
Dear Family and Friends,

This year, I’m too lazy to put together Christmas cards, so we’re doing e-mails instead. I apologize because I know how fun it is to find Christmas cards in your mailbox! I am just too tired and busy from taking care of the three little cutie pies pictures above.
Julio said at the beginning of the year that this would be eventful and life changing and he was right! I will take you through a month-by-month synopsis of 2008.
January-We found out that we would be adding another child to our family. It wasn’t exactly planned, but we were excited and a little bit scared just the same.
February- The presidential primaries began and an inspirational junior Senator from Illinois named Barack Obama begins to win some states. We also get a new cousin/nephew-little Corom is born to sister Tami and broter-in-law Dan.
March- We find out that Lucia and Marco are terrified of the Easter Bunny. They do, however, love looking for the hidden eggs the Easter Bunny left in our house.
April- We got a knock on our door late one night to find out our next door neighbor Rosie had died in her home. It was unexpected and sad for all who knew her.
May-Julio graduated number 8 in his class from Lincoln Law School!!! His mother, sister and boyfriend, niece, aunt and uncle and best friend came for the occasion. We were so excited for him to be done and he got many awards and recognitions.
June-Lucia turns 4! She had her first birthday party with all girls at the park. She planned the whole thing. She wanted a princess piñata, Barbie princess goody bags, fruit salad, and white cupcakes with pink frosting and pink sprinkles. She’s a girl who knows what she wants!
July-Julio was studying for the California Bar Exam. At the end of the month he went to Los Angeles to stay with his mom and take the big test. While taking the bar, there was a 5.8 earthquake! He survived and came home safely.
August-Marco turned 2! We celebrated with family. He becomes obsessed with pirates and loves to make a sword out of anything he can find and say, “Ahoy Maties!” Julio and I also celebrated 5 years of marriage. Sylvia Rose was born on August 29th after a very short labor. I didn’t have time for an epidural and had to do it all natural! I wasn’t prepared for that, but luckily she was tiny at only 5 lbs. 13 oz. She’s our little angel and we love her so much!
September- Lucia started preschool at Garfield Elementary. She enjoys it and it gives me some quiet afternoon time. Sylvia got jaundice and had to go to the hospital for a couple of days. Fortunately, Julio is available to help at home now!
October- Lucia gets her finger caught in a door at church and had to go to the ER. Her fingernail was removed and she had five stitches. Poor thing was so brave through it all! For Halloween, Lucia is Sleeping Beauty, Marco is a lion (he now has to roar at everyone he meets) and little Sylvie was a pumpkin. Julio took them out trick-or-treating for the first time.
November-Marco had surgery to remove a swollen lymphnode. Everything turned out fine. Julio gets his Bar results and passed!!!! We take a trip to Utah for Thanksgiving and a had a reunion with the Shirley family and a visit with the Jessop’s and Cole’s. The country elects its first African-American President.
December- Julio is sworn in as an attorney (Bar No. 260508) and begins his job search. Nikki gets a root canal. We look forward to celebrating Christmas!
We are so thankful for the many blessings and trials we have had this year. We hope to have many exciting experiences in the coming year. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Julio, Nicole, Lucia, Marco, and Sylvia Hernandez

3 comments:

Tamara said...

What an eventful year it has been. So many tough times, but so many fun ones too. Aren't we blessed?

High Sierra Legal said...

Ha Ha ha! Scott laughed super hard about Marco being a pirate! So great. What a wonderful family you guys have. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

tylersgirl said...

I am so lazy I haven't done cards either.
I might steal your idea.
i have not seen you at church in a while, but we have been leaving a lot. hope to see you soon.