


I finally took the plunge and enrolled Lucia in preschool. Since we are lower income right now, she qualifies for the free State Preschool program. Believe me, I have struggled over this decision because it is not the ideal setting I would have for her, but beggar's can't be choosers. Last year we did homeschool, but I can't do it with a newborn and toddler this year. I knew she needed something just to get her off the couch in the afternoon when Marco and I are napping. So, I know she won't become an academic scholar from this program, but I'm hoping that socially, she'll come out of her shell a little bit, and she will get used to a school routine. She started yesterday and the first thing she said when I picked her up was, "Mommy, I didn't learn anything new today!" Oh well. I asked her what she did and she said they had lunch, played outside, had a snack and played some more. Ok then! Again, I have to remind myself that she isn't home on the couch. Her teacher was impressed with her when Lucia wrote her name and could draw very detailed people. So that's good! I guess she's on the right track.
6 comments:
we are sure going to miss her at joy school.
Yeah for preschool! I think preschool is all about meeting friends and having fun! The other stuff will come with time. I'm glad to see that you guys decided to do it. We miss you so much. We just don't know what to do without our cousins. It's sad being so far away. I am going tomorrow to see about getting Noelle into a co-op. We'll see...
Nik- will you email that picture of the kids to me? None of our's turned out. Do you want pictures from Marco's birthday? Let me know. I gave mom our new number and asked her to pass it along to you. Miss you guys!
My friend Danni had Dan and tammy on her blog, thus I found you!
We are doing well! Nick started school again this last Monday... it was nice to have him around. I am a single mom again as you know! :)
Hey, I understand your parents are going to Utah for Thanksgiving. Are you going too? We'd love to see you there.
Serena
Your kids are so cute...thanks for giving me your blog address. I finally got one started this summer...phillippsfamily.blogspot.com. It's great to keep in touch and see how everyone's families are growing!!!
Post a Comment