Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some good recipes

I found a new cookie recipe that I just love! I am a chocolate lover, so these are perfect-soft and chewy and very chocolatey.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2/3 cups cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

This other recipe I found in a Bon Appetit magazine. It was in an article titled "Fifteen 15 minute Recipes" It actually takes longer than 15 minutes with the prep work, but it cooks really quickly. It is a little bit spicy (you could omit the red crushed pepper), but it's very tasty. I don't usually like Thai food, but this is really good served over rice.

Spicy Thai Tofu with Red Bell Peppers and Peanuts

1/3 cup olive oil
2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
3 T. minced peeled fresh ginger
3 large cloves of garlic minced
1 14 ounce package extra-firm cubed tofu (I only used 8 oz. and it was plenty)
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 T. soy sauce
2 T. lime juice
1/2 t. dried crushed red pepper
1 6 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
1/3 c. chopped fresh basil
1/3 c. peanuts
Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add bell peppers, ginger and garlic; suate until peppers begin to soften, about 2 min. Add tofu and green onions; toss 2 min. Add next 3 ingredients. Toss to blend, about 1 min. Add spinach gradually, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 min. at a time. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle peanuts on top.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Ah, those sound good. Chocolate here is just not the same. Congrats on the graduation! Four years is a long time, I bet you are relieved! Looks like the festivities were fun, wish we could have been there. Miss you guys. Tell the kiddos we say hi.