Friday night, Julio and I got to go on a little date for his graduation dinner. Thanks to Mom and Brandon for watching the kids! The dinner was at the Firehouse Restaurant in Old Sacramento. It was in the 90's and they had us sitting outside on metal chairs. Not good for a pregnant woman! At least the food was really good-we had filet mignon. I got an award for "Putting Husband through Law School". I wasn't anticipating having to walk up to accept it-I waddled up there in my heels with everyone giving me these pitying smiles. I could hardly walk from my tail bone being numb from the hard chairs. Anyway, it was nice and I got to meet some of the people Julio's been spending so much time with for the past 4 years. Out of 97 people who started out, only 38 graduated. Good for them!
7 comments:
Congrats Nikki - that picture of the two of you with the diploma reminds me of my dad's graduation from Law school when my mother was about 7 1/2 months pregnant with me. Congrats to both of you for surviving the four years (and for Julio being part of the 1/3 that made it all the way!)
So what's in store now?
Congratulations to Julio and to you Nicole! You both worked so hard for this. And, I'm glad to see that dress getting more good use!
Yes-thanks Michele for the hand-me-down maternity clothes-they've been useful!
Next up for us-THE BAR!
That was such a fun weekend! Check out our blog-we posted some too. (though the close-ups did not turn out!) Congrats Julio!
Congrats, Julio!! All the hard work and late nights paid off!
Glad we could help out. It was fun being with the kids for the evening. They're adorable. Love, Mom
Post a Comment