Monday, October 17, 2011

Tessa-5 months

Tessa is our little love bug. Every time I look at her, I smile because she always has a huge smile for me. She makes me happy. She has the sweetest disposition. She loves her family. She isn’t on a routine really. She just goes with the flow. She has been going to bed earlier, which is nice. Then she sleeps a good 8-9 hour stretch at night. She naps in the car or when we’re out and about. Her fussy time is when I’m trying to make dinner. That’s when we’re both at our most tired. Not the best time of day. She started rolling a couple of weeks ago. We were surprised because none of the other kids rolled this early. Once she gets on her tummy, she starts to fuss. She can roll over to her back, but she gets so caught up in being on her tummy that she cries instead. Another milestone is that we got out the excer-saucer. She loves it! She likes being upright and spinning around. She thinks she’s so big in that thing!  She still feels really light, but she’s growing! She has been wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6 month stuff. The 3 month stuff is too short-so she’s long and lean.  She’s been chewing and babbling a lot. Yesterday at church, she kept saying, “mama”.  I know it’s babbling, but still-she said Mama! I’m looking forward to starting her on rice cereal in a couple of weeks-give this mama a break on the nursing!   Oh, I did cut her hair the other day. She had all these long pieces around her ears and on the nape of her neck, so I just trimmed those pieces off. Her hair looks much better (I didn’t touch the mohawk!)   She’s growing so fast and I’m trying to enjoy every minute of it-snuggling and kissing her as much as I can.

DSCN5799DSCN5803DSCN5808DSCN5809

2 comments:

Claudia said...

She is such an adorable sweet baby. Love her to pieces! I hope she starts liking Grandma and not crying when I talk to her!

Tami said...

She is so sweet. Can't wait to see her again!