Last week we celebrated Julio’s 40th birthday! I can’t believe he’s 40. It seems sooooo old. I remember my dad’s 40th birthday (I was 16). Now, to be married to someone that age seems unreal. I met him when he was 30, so that means we’ve known each other almost 10 years. Anyway, he’s a very young 40. We had wanted to get away for his 40th, but that wasn’t going to happen, so we planned something else. I took the kids down to his office after school and took him some goodies. All of his co-workers oohed and aahed over the kids and Sylvie ran around the office like a maniac.
Goofing around outside the office.
Later that night, Julio wanted to go out for sushi. It’s his favorite and he rarely, if ever gets it because 1) it’s expensive, and 2) I don’t particularly like it. So, we went to a place we had gotten take-out from before. I don’t remember it, but Julio said it was good. We dropped the kids off at my parents house and we took Tessa with us. We were sorely disappointed. The service was extremely slow and the food had no flavor. You never know with sushi-it’s either good or just bad. We got a pie from Marie Calendar’s to make up for it and that was good. That was what we did for Julio’s 40th. Not exciting at all, but hopefully in the future we’ll be able to take that longed for vacation without kids.
We didn’t have a birthday candle for the pie. Oh well.
Tessa and grandpa.
Tessa and cousin Riley. Such cute babies!
That weekend we also celebrated our little cousin Eden’s 2nd birthday. She and Sylvie are best buds! They love each other so much and play together so well. Callie and Brian had a big party at their house for Eden complete with a bounce house and desserts!
It was a fun night! Too bad the only picture we got of Eden is fuzzy. Happy birthday to Eden!
1 comment:
aw, thanks for the bday shot out! And happy birthday to the old man!
Post a Comment