So this week has been an adjustment with our new schedule and not having Lucia and Marco around to entertain Sylvie. Tessa is not phased by the change in schedule and is continuing on her late nights. It’s hard on me getting up at 6:45 to get the kids up and ready for school. Thankfully, Julio is able to take them and I don’t have to get myself ready that early. But, I try to go back to bed and Sylvie wakes up. I’m so tired! I have been trying to potty train Sylvie this week and it’s not working (again.) She just doesn’t want to do it. I don’t let her watch tv unless she is sitting on her potty, so she’ll sit there and watch tv for two hours and not pee! How is that possible? I give her juice and milk and she’ll hold it until I have to put a diaper on her! I have offered her treats and even bought a new toy, but nothing seems to motivate her. It might just come down to force. She’ll be 3 on Monday and I’m tired of changing them diapers! Another issue with our schedule: Marco gets out at 1:35 and Lucia at 2:15. So, since the parking is INSANE around the school, I have to leave early so as not to park 10 blocks away and sit and wait not once, but twice. I have to get Sylvie and Tessa out of the car and into the stroller and go wait for Marco, then we go down to the playground and sit in the heat. Finally, Lucia comes and we head back to the car and home. I’m gone about an hour. I’m hoping to work out a carpool after next week when we know if Marco will be an early or late reader. I’m guessing early although late would work better for him. We had a major battle with getting him up one day this week and had to threaten to cancel his birthday party on Saturday and Julio had to sit with him for 1/2 an hour before he would go to class. Ay ay ay as Julio would say.
Anyway, on another note: Julio really likes his new job at Liberty Mutual. He’s been able to do real lawyer stuff. He has depositions almost every day and he has an actual trial coming up! He’s learning a lot and staying super busy which makes him happy. He’s not nearly as stressed (well, he is but a good stress) and I see a real difference in him. It’s amazing what a job can do! He’s going to LA this weekend (after Marco’s party) for his mom’s 70th birthday party. Unfortunately, we couldn’t all go. Oh well. I guess that’s all for now!
2 comments:
i think you should come down to LA. we would love to see your family!
Lack of sleep makes everything harder. You will settle in and hopefully find a carpooler. That would simplify life! I also don't see any harm in postponing potty training. When timing is right, it will click. I would rather change a diaper than clean up an underwear accident. Good luck! I will check in once we get settled with the move!
Post a Comment