It’s too quiet in the house! Last night we got the backpacks ready, set out their clothes and went to bed early. We got up at 6:50 this morning (much too early) and got dressed and ready for our first day at Trajan School. Marco seemed excited, but Lucia told me she was nervous. Julio and I both took them so we could each accompany one of the kids to their new class. The neighborhood around the school was a zoo since every parent was doing the same thing. I took Marco to his class. There are 31 kids in his kindergarten class-thank you budget cuts! The classroom was very chaotic with parents and kids pushing through the small space. But, we found Marco’s name tag and his desk. I tried to hug him and reassure him that everything would be okay. He just shook his head and smiled when I asked him if he was going to be a good boy and if he was going to miss me. What else could I do or say? I started to get teary eyed, so I decided to make a break for it before I started to bawl. I can’t believe my baby boy is in school. I’m going to miss having him around the house making his motor noises and monster noises and alternately playing with or bugging Sylvie. I’m a little worried he’ll get lost in the shuffle with that huge class because he is quiet and doesn’t call attention to himself. I hope he does well. I’m not worried about him making friends. He’s got one little friend in his class already. Now for Lucia-Julio dropped her off in her 2nd grade class. She’s got two boys from church in her class, but doesn’t know any girls. I worry about her making friends. I know she won’t be overlooked because she is so smart and I know the teacher will recognize that. Her teacher seems amazing. She is really, really nice! So here’s to another school year and hoping it’s a good one.
4 comments:
Why am I sobbing so hard over your post? 31 kids would freak me out. I am sure they will both do fine, it is just such a vulnerable situation sending kids to a new school. We will check in later to see how the day went!
Glad everything went well. I can't wait to hear how their day went. Call me!
I am so glad Michael and Marco are in class together. Michael is quite too, hopefully they will at least talk to each other.
Such cute kiddos! It's always hard to see them go! :(
Post a Comment