Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Day


These pictures are out of order. At Mom and Dad's house Christmas Day.

The aftermath.



Julio and Brian with the pillow pets.







Before the kids came in.


I think I was just as excited as the kids were this year. They had made their wish lists and sent them to Santa and were anxiously awaiting to see if their wishes came true. Well, they did get EVERYTHING on their list this year. Can you say spoiled? Actually, they didn't ask for much or for anything extravagent. I'm enjoying this time while they are little and aren't asking for expensive electronics or video games. So we can endulge since some of the things they wished for cost less than $5. So, the kids woke up at 8 and we let them into our room to have our family talk before we went in to see what Santa brought. They were so anxious, it was hard to get video of them running down the hall. Marco's first words were, "It's just what I wanted!" Lucia kind of walked past her gift and started looking through her stocking. I said, what about the present? And she said, "That's not what I wanted." (hmmm, she asked for a Barbie Vacation House and she got a Barbie Party Cruise instead). She quickly got over that though. Sylvie was too interested at first to see what her siblings got to notice what she got. She doesn't say much, but she did push her stroller around for a little bit.
Then we waited for Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle B, Callie, Brian and Eden to come over to have breakfast and open the rest of the presents. It took us well over an hour to open everything. It was a good year. We were able to skype with Tami and Dan and the kids in Utah and Brian and Callie skyped with his parents in Slovenia. By the time it was all done, I had a migraine and went to bed.

No comments: