The spread-before the guests arrived.
It is very stressful planning a birthday party-throw in a backyard that needs a total rehaul, and it adds to the stress 100%. Lucia wanted to invite boys this year, so we couldn't do princess or fairies this year. So, we (meaning I came up with the idea) decided to do a Candyland party. I had to order the party supplies online, got the bowls and containers at the dollar store, the food, drinks and candy at Costco, and the talented Wendi made the cake. I found a picture of what I wanted online and she duplicated it perfectly. The kids were in awe of the cake and so excited to dig into it. For decoration, I made paper candy and taped it to the chairs and walls. We borrowed a bounce house from some friends, but it was so hot out, that it didn't attract the kids as much as we would have liked. The kids ate nachos outside, but there was no shade. The heat forced us indoors where we did some games-some more successful than others. We played musical chairs, the bonk game, pass the present. Then Lucia opened her gifts and we had cake. Then we headed back outside for a water balloon toss-which ended up being "attack Julio with all the water balloons". Then the kids got to fill their Candyland boxes with candy and it was done! With 15 kids in the house, it was a little bit wild, but I think they all had a good time. I'm definitely not doing this every year. Thank you to the friends and family who came and helped!
5 comments:
Fun party but I'm glad it's over as, I know, you are!!!
Looks like fun! That night we used my cake that I had decorated for my class and let Noelle sing Happy Birthday to Lucia and blow out candles- we need to email you the video- Lucia would get a kick out of it- birthdays are a big deal to this little girl!
Oh my heck! She is growing up fast! She is beautiful Nic! I love the sneak peak of your house! Fun for you! I also LOVE the cake! great idea! :) miss you!
What a cute party! I may have to steal that idea a few years down the line.
What a fun party idea and you went all out! I'm sure she and her friends had a blast...it was so much better being the kid at the party (I never realized how much work goes into a child's bday party until I had to do it myself). Way to go!
Post a Comment