It's been forecasted that we will get 6 inches of rain this week! UGH! We got up to go to the dentist this morning. When we arrived, the power went out and so we came home. The was our morning. So, I tried to fill the wet afternoon with educational stuff inside. Since there was so much rain outside, I decided we would talk about MATTER today; solid, liquid and gas. We read a book on it and then to demonstrate, we did the old hot water in a glass bowl with ice in a pan on top. The kids could see the different kinds of matter together and how they change. Then we drew pictures of it.
Also, in homage to Martin Luther King, JR. we watched his Let Freedom Ring speech and talked about him. The kids colored his picture. Lucia pointed out that at the top of her picture where the hands are together-one has white skin and the other has black. She is such a perceptive and sweet girl.
Figuring out this whole homeschool thing has been harder than I thought. We get our curriculum this week, so it should be easier. I hope...
Figuring out this whole homeschool thing has been harder than I thought. We get our curriculum this week, so it should be easier. I hope...
3 comments:
You are amazing! I don't think I could ever have the energy and creativity to pull off homeschooling. Lucia is going to have such wonderful memories of her time with you. Yuck on the rain! It is here too in the form of snow. Noelle starts head start today- wish us luck! Have a good one!
I think you're doing a great job. It's not easy being a Mom and also the teacher! Love ya!
Well I'd say you're doing a pretty darn good job at the whole homeschooling business. It's been raining here too...blah! Can't wait for you to come visit!
-Cal
Post a Comment