Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chronicles of Potty Training

He finally did it! We're so proud of him!
Lucia showing him how it's done.

Day 1:


No pictures-just frustration. I decided to commit to potty training Marco this week. Yesterday we got out a bunch of incentives-toys, a new blanket, treats, tons of juice and chocolate milk-and he refused to even sit on the toilet. So, I put him in his room with his potty and locked the door. He took all the clothes out of the closet, the drawers, all the toys out and he also peed at least three times on the floor. I was so upset! Finally, I let him come out for dinner and eat and then I sat him in front of the tv with the potty. He finally peed! We made a huge deal out of it and let him pick out a new toy. He was so excited. Then we put him in a diaper and he went to bed.

Day 2:
He's had one accident for every pee in the potty. Not too bad! It's progress! But he didn't get to go to play group today and won't get to go out until he poops in that darn potty!




3 comments:

amanda jane said...

way to go Marco! we are on that same rollercoaster round here. excpet I am just taking her every where and she has to sit on the pot wherever we are. it's just that time in life - luck to us both!

Tenae said...

Hang in there!

Michele said...

How old is Marco? Mason will be 2 in a few weeks, but I don't want to start until next year. But at least he tells me when his diaper is poopy. And once in a while he gets a funny look on his face and says pee in diaper mommy.