Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958-2009


So, my first memory of Michael Jackson was in approximately 1983. His album Thriller came out and I remember watching his video on tv. We had a babysitter and I was scared the rest of the night after seeing Thriller. I loved his music as a little girl. I remember going to a swapmeet with my cousins and begging my mom for a little pin with Michael Jackson on it. I wanted it so badly! He is a legend-so talented and creative. Crazy how we forget he was whacko in his later years-you remember him at his height of fame-in his prime and that image is what will always remain with you. The world of pop culture and music changed because of him and the world won't be the same without him in it.

3 comments:

Serena Potter said...

Yes, he was way talented, but I can't get past the freakishness.

Dan said...

I spent the whole day after his death with my radio on listening to all of the music marathons. Though he was so strange in his later years, he is still one of my favorite go-to's for music! -Tami

Unknown said...

I totally agree!