Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm tired!

Sylvie has been sick for nearly a week now. The diagnosis: Herpangina. Anyone ever heard of it? I hadn't. She was feverish and fussy for a few days before we took her in to the doctor. She had sores on her throat and tonsels. After the fever broke, she got a rash that covers her body. She is miserable! I haven't been getting much rest as a consequence. I stayed home from church with her on Sunday, but we did get to the park today. She likes to be outside.
On a sad note, the bad economy has hit the family hard! My dad got laid off last week without notice or severance pay. Then, my brother got laid off yesterday-after working for them for 5 years! So, we are praying that things go better for them and that things will get resolved soon.
We have still not found a house. Everything in our price range is crap! I guess we just have to wait until something comes up and hope some cash investor doesn't come swipe it from under our feet! Maybe Julio will get a raise soon and we can afford more-who knows! We just want to get the tax credit before the end of the year and have some more space. We are so cramped here!
I guess that is all for now. It's supposed to warm up here so maybe we can use the pool again and crawl out of our hole we've been in the past week.

5 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad and brother. This economy is the worst. I've been trying to find a job since December and still no luck. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Serena Potter said...

I'd say right now be glad Julio has a job! Can you find a house that is up for short sale? Though I guess what you say about cash is the key. I understand they are not giving loans unless you have a decent down payment...We have lots of family members on Franz's side that are also without jobs, losing homes etc. It is a bad time.

Tami said...

What a week-huh? I've been cooped up with the rain and what news. I keep saying there has to be a reason for what has happened. I suppose we'll know it someday. Hope Sylvie feels better soon!

Jana said...

It's crazy how much life can change in an instant. I hope Sylvie feels better soon..

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! I hate when the children are sick. It's so sad. We have had the rain for 3 weeks now. Finally yesterday was a great sunny day...maybe we will get a summer! I'll keep you in our prayers about your father and brother. Hey, Nic Utah has great beautiful homes that are real cheap here! Any chance you might want to move? :)