So, this week I've been a little spacey. I totally forgot about a lunch I had planned with some friends on Wed. Maybe it's the new meds I'm on. I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for the past few months and finally saw a doctor. She was very helpful and I'm hoping these meds will help. They are making me more mellow :-)
Here is a list of some crazy things Marco did recently:
Put peanutbutter in Lucia's new shoes.
Put peanutbutter in Lucia's new shoes.
Killed a fly with his blanket
Sat in the rain-filled sandbox in his clothes and then stripped naked and ran around the yard and the house.
Threw clothes up onto the fan in his room.
Drew on a dining chair with ball-point pen.
I enrolled Lucia in kindergarten this week. It just kills me to think she is going into KINDERGARTEN!!! Where did the time go? It's hard to decide what to do because I want the best for her and the school she is in now is definitely NOT the best. But, since we are planning on moving soon, we don't know where we will be. We did open enrollment and she didn't get into any of the 3 choices. So, what to do? I guess she is enrolled just in case. Hopefully the neighborhood we move into will have a better school. I guess kindergarten is not a big deal. For next year we'll try to find a better option. What is the purpose of early education anyway? Set a good foundation for learning, develop good social skills and respect for other adults. I know the older she gets, the more imperative it will be that she gets what she needs and develops her interests and talents so that she can be a functional, happy and contributing member of society. Until then, we'll see!
3 comments:
Marco sound like my kind of kid. I'd totally sit in the wet sand box with him and then run around the yard - though I'd run around whilst fully dressed.
kinda a heads up.
a lot of the schools are facing overcrowding problems. We know several families in Roseville and rancho that moved into a nicer home to get into the schools they wanted. Once it was all said and done with the move, they find out that they are having to be bused to another school! To top it off, ones they didn't even want.
not to stress you out, but any extra info on avoiding this is better.
Carter is being bused to another school because he isn't "progressing" in the school he is at.
Lucia will do great wherever she is. She is so smart and is such a sweetheart and a leader. Things will work out like they're supposed to. Love.
Post a Comment