Friday, May 1, 2009

I love Thrift Town




Thrift Town is a nearby thrift store that I have fallen in love with. It is cheaper than the DI, and has better quality stuff! I went this afternoon with the kids because they had a 30% off everything sale. This is what I got: 3 shirts for me, 2 shirts for Marco, 2 shirts and a skirt for Lucia, 2 shirts, a skirt and a hat for Sylvie. Some of the brands are Gap, Old Navy and all in good condition! Guess how much I spent? $16.32. Yes, that's right-all this stuff for less than $20! I love a deal and I feel I'm doing my part to, "Use it again, hand it down, wear it out or do without!" (I think that's the quote, but I'm not sure-you get the jist)


6 comments:

The Hills... said...

I've got to say, one of the benefits of being the youngest is that hopefully those cute clothes will be passed down to my kids! :)

Dan said...

They have one here in Salt Lake- it must be a chain! Yeah for a good deal! We just did a big DI book run. I bought 16 books for Noelle and 2 for myself for $14. Really nice books! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great job NIC!!! You know how to shop!:) I'm going to call you this week....

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

I think you have to have patience for thrift store shopping that I just don't have. Maybe you can teach me your secret sometime!

tylersgirl said...

I love that store because they have everything in the adult sizes color sorted. fabulous! Be careful. I had a problem with them swapping out tags on high ticket items. I whined about it on my blog.

Potters said...

I wish we had a Thrift Town! Our ward is having a back to school clothing swap in August - that I am co-organizing. We are collecting lightly used clothes of all gender and sizes and shoes. We will invite the community in, have refreshments. I hope it will go well.