Ok, so I guess I should blog a little bit. It's been one long week with Julio working 7-7 everyday. It is quite an adjustment for me and I feel tired all the time. I had a bunch of lab work done and my doctor told me everything is normal-except my cholesterol could be a little lower and I need to exercise more. I do get out and walk on Saturdays. I know that isn't enough, but it's dark when Julio leaves in the morning and dark when he gets home. I would rather not take the double stroller out on our street which has no sidewalk. Any suggestions for good work out DVDs? (note the fat me in the above picture) These pictures were taken before church last week. I know Marco doesn't match, but he picks out his own clothes and is very insistant on wearing a tie like Daddy. Anyway, I guess that's all for now.
5 comments:
If you want a workout that will kick your butt, but get you in shape FAST, try P90X. I'm doing it right now & have lost 1 pant size & 7 lbs. in a week! But It will also make you VERY sore & VERY tired for about 2-3 weeks because your muscles are being reconditioned and it doesn't feel very good. But I have been eating a lot healthier and by working out so hard, I am less likley to give into temptation because I can still feel the pain from trying to work off the last time I gave into temptation-lol!! The best way I have found to start is to rent a bunch of different excersise videos and find the one that works best for you & your body.If you have Comacast on demand, they have on demand excercise shows under fitness (I think...it's been a while since I've used that feature) I know it's also hard to workout w/kids under foot, so I used to get videos that your kids can workout with you as you get in your workout. Good luck Niki! I wanted to try & stop by again soon. What days/times are usually best for you? ttys~Hollie
Last year I bought one of those little trampolines - $20 from WallMart. I have used it a lot - can jump while watching tv. I also used it to jog on while doing wii fit. Unfortunately three of the elastic bands broke and I need to get a new one - when my foot gets better. It was worth the $20 though. Also, 80% raw vegan will take the weight off. I have about five more to go to be really happy, but have lost about 20 pounds so far.
About the diet. Go to your library or book store and get Eat for Life by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I started my diet before reading the book, but he really advocates the same thing.
Breakfast, five grain oatmeal with almond milk or a fruit smoothie also made with almond milk - no sweatener just banana, strawberries, cutie, berries etc. Sanck on raw nuts, fruit, vegan whole grain crackers. For lunch, lentil soup and green salad, or salad in a whole wheat pita with hummus. No dressing other than lemon juice, vinegar a little olive oil or omega oils. Only drink water and herbal teas. Dinner stir fry, brown rice, leafy green salad. I do let myself have a piece of dark chocolate once a day. I do lots of mexican when out - no meat, cheese, sour cream, lots of beans, salsa, salad, quacamole. I will do pizza once in a while - thin crust, no cheese, lots of veggies.
that is a start!
Have dance parties! I never have time to work out with the kids these days, so I turn up some backyardigans and the kids and I dance! They love it and it usually last for a good 30 mins or so. I swear by it! :)
Your children are beautiful! I have been getting up at 5:15 am to go walking or do ABS of steel with a friend of mine. It is the ONLY time that I get to myself and I just keep telling myself I could get a nap in when the babies go down. It has been kicking my butt! But, I'm so sick of being where I am at! Hey, I talked to Holly, Tenae and Julie in getting together for a 3-4 day weekend in early October. What do you think? Tenae was thinking Seattle? I don't know...somewhere just so that I can see you! Hope to talk to you soon!:)
Post a Comment