Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lately...





Ok, so these pictures aren't very good. Anyway, we had Abuela here visiting this weekend. I felt bad because we had terrible weather the entire time. Friday night, she watched the kids for us and we did an early Valentine's Day dinner at an Italian restaurant downtown. It was not that great. I always measure how good a restaurant is by their gnocchi. If the gnocchi aren't good, then I won't go back. I didn't like their gnocchi and the owner kicked out some other patrons right next to us and made a big scene! It was so awkward. Then, on Saturday, Julio wasn't around because he had to go to his new job and be trained. So, we didn't do much that day-just went to McDonald's for lunch, where I am positive is where Lucia got the stomach flu virus. We went to church on Sunday and had planned to go to the Jelly Belly Factory yesterday, but were unable to because Lucia got sick. So, that was it! Not too exciting.

Today, we weathered the storm to go downtown for Julio's farewell lunch with his co-workers. It was good food despite the pouring rain that we had to battle to get there. Lucia would not talk to anybody or look at the camera. I think it is going to be a long week with her off school. We have plans to go play at the mall with some friends tomorrow. Anyhow, that is all for now. Hope you all had a good weekend. (Oh, I included a picture of the kids on our new recliner)

5 comments:

The Hills... said...

Well, I'm sure Julio's mom just liked being with the kids. Sylvie is looking so big! Your kids are always sick! Sheesh!

Jana said...

New recliner? You are always more than welcome to send one my way!!

Nicole Hernandez said...

We got the recliner for $300 on Craigslist-it's all leather and it even swivels! We got it from an elderly couple who bought it brand new 6 months ago.We love it!

Unknown said...

Nic, Your kids are so dang cute!

Tamara said...

That last picture is so cute of Sylvie- she's smiling! What a bummer that it was so stormy last weekend. What a rough winter for weather. Nice to have Abuela come for a visit!