Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch





It's that time of year that I love-fall. I love the change in weather, Halloween, the harvest, Thanksgiving, new tv shows, etc. One of our fall traditions has been going to the pumpkin patch. We were fortunate that as we were arriving, another family was leaving and gave us free passes to a lot of the activities-stuff the kids wouldn't have done otherwise. Those places cost a lot of money! So the kids had a great time in the corn maze, hayland, the haunted barn, and the tower slide. Next weekend we'll go to Apple Hill. It gets really crowded there and Julio doesn't like it, but it's such a "fall thing" to do, that I can't resist it. Happy Fall!

8 comments:

Trieste said...

I love the pumpkin patch/maze pictures...I'm going on Thursday to one by us. We're going as part of my friend's homeschooling field trip and it's super cheap that way. I am so excited...your pics made me even more so. Also, about your TV line-up...we love the same shows...I'm glad there is someone else that loves Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. My husband always says they are such bad shows, but I love them, what can I say?

tylersgirl said...

Tyler hate it too. He is anti crowd. He is a grump the entire time and hates it when we even look at anything.
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Aw, she just loves her pumpkin... and she doesn't look like she will let go of it.

Shirley said...

Love the pics-especially the one where Lucia is guarding her pumpkin.
I don't think we're going to go to Apple Hill this year. The first time I had ever gone was last year, with my mother-in-law. Since Chris hates going, too, I think we're gonna skip it. Darn.

Tenae said...

I love that big pumpkin patch outside Citrus Heights...is that where you went? I cant remember what its called...Cute pics of your family.

Serena Potter said...

I love fall too. It is really pretty up here on the mountain, cool enough for long pants and sweaters, then we drive down the mountain and wonder where the fall went? Hot.

Tami said...

I've been looking for a pumpkin patch close by- with no luck. All require long drives. I love the picture of you and Marco-the kids are getting too big. Apple Hill is fun on a week-day- fewer crowds. Maybe Julio could take a half-day and go in the afternoon! One of the things that I miss most about home! Have fun!

The Hills... said...

Looks like fun.

Nik, you totally look like a celebrity mom in those shades.