Since I "don't post enough", I will attempt to do it more. I just can't think of much to write that is interesting. My life is very dull, and I don't think people are all that interested in it. Besides, I'm not a very good writer or storyteller.
Anyway, unfortunately I don't have a picture to post, but last week I went out to lunch with my friend Camille who just moved here from LA. We were in the single's ward together and lived in the same building. She is one of the few friends I actually made during my time down there, so it's nice that we keep in touch. It made me think back on my single time (which wasn't all that long ago) and how it seems like a lifetime ago. We went to dinner at fancy restaurants, went shopping on the Promenade, to movies, and even a trip to Washington DC together. Those were fun times when I had money to spend. It was fun to catch up at La Bou (our local "french" cafe) where we had some really yummy sandwiches. I decided to buy the stuff and copy them at home. They were so good, I had one for lunch every day this week. Very simple, but so good!
Pesto and Cheese Sandwich
croissants
pesto
mozzarella
roma tomatoes
butter lettuce
After lunch we took the kids to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. I thought they would be very excited about it, but neither Lucia nor Marco would go inside the gate where he was sitting waving at them. I asked numerous times if they wanted to go take a picture with him and they said no, he was too scary. I guess an adult-sized white rabbit can be a little frightening. But, Lucia does tell me everyday what she wants the Easter Bunny to leave her in her basket. So, we will do Easter baskets tomorrow (Saturday) and focus on the spiritual side of Easter on Sunday. I think that will be our new tradition. Then, we won't feel so rushed to find the eggs and play with the new toys on Easter morning before rushing off to church. We'll see how it goes.
So, that is my attempt at posting something more. I'll try to be better at thinking of things to write.
4 comments:
See that wasn't hard, was it??? Great idea for a sandwich!
Nikki, Nikki...I love reading your blog and check it all the time for updates! I'd love to see more pictures of the kiddos! I feel like I'm totally missing out on them growing up. So, feel free to post pictures any time! Love ya, Cal
It is hard to be too interesting when you are pregnant and taking care of two little ones. How about telling us of the books you are reading or did you see Emma on Sunday? Did you like it as well as the one with Gwenneth Paltrow? This sunday is the new Sense and Sensibility. I hear it is really good. MaCall was given the Northanger Abbey DVD for her birthday. I'm really happy about that! Oh, can you put my daily painting blog on your links? I need to spread the word! http://serenasdailypainting.blogspot.com/
Hey Nikki,
After yet ANOTHER crazy hectic Easter morning, I am thinking next year it will be an Easter Saturday for us too! I have never liked the hustle and candy rush the kids get right BEFORE church. It truly does diminish the spirit of the day. And besides, my kids all "know" about the Easter Bunny and Santa anyway so I won't have to make up some elaborate story about changing from Sunday to Saturday. It's been disappointing that they "know" now, it takes a lot of the "fun" out of it, but I do admit it does make it easier. Hope your feeling OK!
Post a Comment