
I posted on my tag that I love Juanes. (it's ok Julio loves him too.) You might not know who he is, but he is the best Latin artist in the world. He's won 16 Grammys and only 4 albums so far. He only sings in Spanish-he's not a sell-out to the crossover. He has a folksy rock sound and his lyrics are so catchy, the melodies are beautiful and gritty. I first heard his music in 2003-his first #1 hit-A Dios Le Pido. Since then, he has had numerous #1 hits that have stayed on the charts for weeks. His producer is a guy named Gustavo Santaolalla who won Oscars for Babel and Brokeback Mountain. Anyway...even if you don't understand Spanish, you can still appreciate and love Juanes' music. His new album "La Vida es un Ratico" has numerous songs that I love, but my favorite is "Dificil". See him play live a the MTV Music Video Awards:
1 comment:
Sounds cool. I just wish I could understand what he was singing!
Post a Comment