Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lucia’s 10th birthday

I can’t believe our oldest is in double digits now! She’s growing up so fast! I wish time would slow down. She is such a good girl-so good with her siblings (most of the time) unless you get on her bed, then the monster comes out! She is smart, sweet and beautiful and still as inquisitive as ever. I would say 90% of the questions she asks me, I don’t have answers to. She reads a ton-I think reading might be overriding her drawing time now.

For her birthday this year, she didn’t have a party, but she did get to go to Six Flags for the day with her best friend Deirdre and me. We had a great time and the girls got to ride on whatever they wanted and do whatever they wanted.

landdsixflags

Then, she got a plane ticket to fly back with Grandma after a 10 day stay in Idaho with her cousins! That was the big gift! Aunt Tami and Uncle Dan were VERY generous to help pay for the ticket and have her stay with them for so long. She’s still there, but I imagine she’s having a great time.

On her actual birthday, we had a swim party at Grandma and Grandpa’s with the Donaldson’s.

P6102361She’s so beautiful!P6102367P6102374P6102378P6102386P6102395Getting ready to blow out the candles on the triple layer chocolate cake that Daddy made by request.

She also got a ticket to see Mary Poppins at Music Circus from Grandma-another big ticket item! She asked for a book from us-which she read in a day or so, and some new clothes. No more toys for this girl Sad smile.. She’s growing up too fast, but we are so grateful to have her in our lives.

1 comment:

PDXTingeys said...

Wow, I can't believe its been 10 years. She is beautiful!