Sylvia posing for pictures at the Great Salt Lake on our way home. I was probably throwing up…
On Sunday, the day after Mom’s party, Julio was going to leave early to drive home with Dad and Brandon. I was going to stay with the kids and go to church and then drive to Idaho with the Aldama’s, Mom and Callie. During the night, I woke up and was so sick-the stomach flu! So, Julio did not drive back with Dad and Brandon, and I did not drive to Idaho with the kids. We attempted to drive home together, stopping every hour so I could vomit on the side of the highway. We finally stopped at a seedy hotel in Elko for the night. Then Tessa started throwing up and Julio had the runs. There was barf everywhere and then the toilet stopped up! What a nightmare! I was awakened several times in the night to take Tessa to the bathroom to throw up. Then, I finally got settled in to sleep and I felt a warm wetness on my back. Tessa had wet the bed. Such a nightmare. We finally made it home on Monday to find flooring and drywall torn out of the bathrooms and bedrooms. The work began the next day. Here it is a month later, and we still have one final thing to do-the hall floor. The new paint and carpet and new tile in the master bath all look great! It was a blessing in the end that we didn’t have to pay for or do the work ourselves. If you want to see the improvements, you’ll just have to come visit us!
No comments:
Post a Comment