Thursday, June 27, 2013

Visiting the Hill’s in Chicago

I had such a great trip to visit Callie, Brian and the girls in Chicago. I got there late Saturday night, so didn’t get to do much that day. Sunday we went to church-they have a really nice ward with lots of young families. After church we drove around Evanston-I couldn’t stop gawking at all the beautiful old homes! We went down and walked along the lake and fed the ducks-it was such beautiful weather. One thing I did notice there is that public restrooms do not have toilet seat covers. I know-that’s weird of me to notice that.
P6165541P6155526
P6165543P6165554
Monday we got up early and headed to downtown Chicago. We went to the zoo-it was free! There was a great view of the city there.
P6165566P6165579
Then we dropped the girls off at Callie’s friend’s apartment and parked the car there. We had to run about a mile to get to the boat we were taking for the architecture tour. It was so hot and we were so exhausted, but we made it, with 3 minutes to spare!
P6165599P6175609P6175612Chicago is such a beautiful city-so many cool skyscrapers. It’s interesting though that they were all built after 1900 and the big Chicago fire. I loved all the bridges across the river.
After the tour, we went and picked up the girls and met up with Brian. We got a deep dish pizza and walked along the riverwalk to the Vietnam Memorial. Then we headed to Millenium Park.P6175615
P6175620P6175626The beanP6175633Eden on the splash padP6175637These cool fountains that change faces and spew out water.
By that time we were exhausted and ready to go home-we got rained on a little bit, but it was a fun day.
Tuesday, we stuck around Evanston because we were so tired from all the Monday activities.
P6175638Their apartmentP6175641Downtown EvanstonP6175642Andy’s frozen custard.P6175644Walking home.
Wednesday we headed back to the city. We had big plans, but we were still so tired so we didn’t do as much as we had wanted. We went to the Planetarium and the Field Museum. Then we headed back for a nap.
P6185649P6185657P6185660P6185661P6185664P6185665P6185669P6185680P6185682P6185685
Because of our decision to take a nap, we missed Navy Pier and I missed my flight. I did catch a flight into Oakland but didn’t get in until 11:30 pm. So, besides that, it was a wonderful trip. I loved spending time with the Hill’s and seeing Chicago-such a cool city! Thanks Callie and Brian for hosting me and thanks to Grandma for watching my kids and feeding them and to Julio for letting me go :-)

No comments: