Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lucia is 9!

I can’t believe my firstborn is already 9! Where has the time gone? She is still sweet and innocent and a little girl-at least for now. I’m hoping she never changes.  At age 9 she is 4’ 4 inches and weighs 61 lbs.

She’s such a good helper around the house and with her siblings. She loves to read and ride her bike. Her favorite meal is pot roast (she will eat anything you put in front of her). She still spends hours drawing and writing in her journal. She says she is not in the “cool girl” group at school, but she is a “weirdo”.  She doesn’t care what people think of her, what she wears or how she has her hair. She’d leave for school everyday with messy hair if I let her. I think it’s good. She does have her insecurities-not wanting to ever be wrong or told how to do things and she doesn’t like sharing her feelings. She is looking forward to being in the school band in the fall. She isn’t interested in playing sports or taking dance and that’s ok. She’s her own person and we love her a lot!

P6095362In the morning, she woke up to her new bike! She loves it and rides it every day.

lucia mallShe invited two friends (Mia and Deirdre) to go to the mall. We had lunch, spent time in the video arcade where they won a ton of tickets and got tons of candy, browsed the Disney store and shopped for clothes. They had a blast!

P6105367P6105376P6105488P6105496

In the evening, we had Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle B over for her other favorite dinner-4 cheese spaghetti and chocolate cake. She opened the rest of her presents and ended the evening with a mani/pedi from Grandma. I think it was a good birthday!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Love this little girl! Happy 9th birthday to our Lucia..she's one special girl and I love her!!!