Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A little update

The summer is quickly drawing to a close. I have mixed emotions about this. I like being free from worry and tied to a schedule. But, I miss the schedule at the same time. I need to get back into the routine of going to bed early and getting up early and starting my day before noon. But, it’s been nice to relax and enjoy the warm carefree days.

Just some recent things: Sylvie started her occupational therapy for her sensory integration disorder. The OT gave us a sensory diet for her. We use a soft bristle brush to brush her arms, legs and back. Then we do compressions on her pressure points. It helps her to feel more calm and organized. After just two days, I’ve seen a difference in her. She actually came to me and calmly told me she was hungry and wanted cereal. She usually will either yell and scream at me that she’s hungry, or she’ll just get into food and make a mess and not eat it. She hasn’t been running and jumping and flapping her arms as much either. She also was able to sit through an entire story last night without interrupting or wandering off. Good for her!

Marco started soccer yesterday and he’s really excited about it. But, it will make life a little bit crazy for a while. He is turning into a fish in the pool-diving to the bottom of the deep end to retrieve rings and doing flips into the pool! Crazy! We are looking forward to celebrating his birthday on Saturday. We are going to Raging Waters and then doing cake and presents in the evening with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle B-no other family here to celebrate with us.

Tessa is turning into a little spit fire. She climbs on anything she can get up on! She gets onto the table and chairs and onto the beds.  Her new favorite words are, “Chase” and “no no no”. Of course, she still loves to say Elmo and Dada. It’s impossible now to sit through meetings with her at church. Only 3 more months til nursery! She is loving the water too and thinks she can swim on her own.

Lucia is growing like crazy! I got her new school shoes and she wears a size 2! I think I wore that size in 6th grade. She is eager to start 3rd grade next week. She started activity days for church and has made a new friend at church. A girl named Sofia moved in and so the three girls in her class call themselves the 3 “ias”. (for Lucia, Sofia and Mia).

I guess that’s all for now!

2 comments:

Tami said...

So happy for this new chapter. There is so much to do to help her cope and thrive! I also was just reading your post below. That is a great picture of you and Tessa and I can't believe you've never been on a horse. Looks like fun!

Claudia said...

Yes, I feel the same way about going back to school. I love the relaxing summer days and always have!!! Love it the the kids are swimming so well and enjoying the pool with us. Love you all!!!