Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break and Easter

It was a busy week-fending off illness and trying to get ready for a trip that almost didn’t happen at all. Monday I took Marco to the doctor to get allergy meds. The girls played at grandma’s house with Eden and Riley. Just taking Marco to the doctor almost did me in. Tuesday, we went to the Jelly Belly factory with friends. We got there at about 11 and found that most of Northern California had the same idea we did. We waited an hour and a half for the tour. What people will do for free jelly bellys. After we got our treats, we were starving, so we stopped for lunch on the way home. That day, DID do me in!

DSCN7724DSCN7728DSCN7730

Wednesday, I decided to take Tessa to get her picture taken at the mall. It was our 3rd attempt and I was determined to get a picture of her no matter what. Well, again, she refused to cooperate, but I got a non-smiling picture of her anyway. The kids also visited the Easter Bunny.

Thursday, I tried to pack and clean to get ready for our trip to LA, but finally gave up and decided it wasn’t going to happen that day. I felt cruddy. That night, I came down with a fever, so Friday, Julio decided to leave without me and Tessa.

Here are some pictures from their trip:

DSCN7750cousin HaleaDSCN7761with cousin MasonDSCN7762kin folkDSCN7766DSCN7772with abuelaDSCN7799decorating easter eggsDSCN7808

DSCN7816Easter morningDSCN7829

at Grandma and Grandpa Cole’s grave in Santa Monica

DSCN7831Easter dinnerDSCN7864Marco got sick, again.DSCN7867DSCN7870with Yesenia, Elliott and Halea-their hosts.

I got to enjoy some quality time with Tessa while they were gone-resting. We did go over to Grandpa’s where Uncle B made a delicious Easter dinner for us. It was nice and relaxing, but hopefully next year, we’ll be together.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Sorry you had to miss the trip Nik. Glad you got to spend Easter dinner with Dad and B. Hope you're all feeling better!