Pin-the-tail on the turkey poster for preschool.
The view from our living room window. Too bad we can't bag one of those turkeys for Thanksgiving!
Lucia's turkey creation-too bad you can't see it very well.
We've been getting ready for Thanksgiving around here. This week, we did preschool at our house and did lots of fun Thanksgiving activities. We made turkeys from our hand and foot prints, made Indian headbands, Pilgrim puppets, decorated turkey and Pilgrim cookies, and played pin-the-tail on the turkey.
It has been a very stressful few weeks. Julio is very stressed with work and has been really grumpy. This doesn't go over well with an emotional pregnant woman. Lucia has not been her usual sweet self either-she's been defiant, whiny and argumentative. What's going on? Last night Julio and I had a talk about it and decided to count our blessings-literally. We each said things we were thankful for until we felt better. We have so much! We really have no reason to be unhappy. Julio's job might be hard right now, but it provides well for our family. I keep saying, it will get better. I guess with all the stress in the house, it's rubbed off on Lucia too. I need to be more positive with her and not so demanding. This coming week should be a week to relax and reflect on the many blessings that we have and appreciate each other more. I really love Thanksgiving because it's all about family, food and being thankful. Here's to a better week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
I LOVE all of your turkeys!
And I totally understand about rubbing your emotion onto you kids. I do it all the time!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Cute activities, cute kids! Just relax and take it one day at a time. This sweet time doesn't last forever! You're doing a great job. Love you.
Looks like you have busy! Its sad that we are missing the holidays with you this year- it is really starting to hit me. As far as Lucia is concerned- she is a smart girl and knows you are not feeling well. She can be a big help when you need her, but she is still little and is probably just trying to get your attention. (Any way she can) Or maybe she is experiencing stress of some sort at school and needs your affection when at home. We experience that in our home. Combat the emotions with love- it works every time! Hope all is well- we miss you guys!
Post a Comment