Friday, September 10, 2010

Givers and takers

I was thinking tonight while making dinner. There are two types of people in this world: givers and takers. The givers who give the most seem to be the happiest and most successful people I know. Whether they give church service, friendship, love, money, work, support; they are examples of success and happiness. The people who are takers and take the most; whether it be money, friendship, support, work, service, love, tend to be the most miserable and unhappy people. Those who always give, also give thanks for what they have. Those who always take, seem to complain that they don't have enough. Those that give or take at different degrees tend to have different levels of success and happiness or failure and misery. But, I think that's what it all boils down to in life: giving or taking. Who do we want to be? Ok, so I'm not really all that profound and I don't take myself that seriously, it was just something I thought about.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Amen to everything!

Tenae said...

I think this is pretty profound and so true!