
So, I have this friend in my ward who is so much fun. The past two weekends, we have gotten together to do some fun stuff. Last weekend, she took me to The Happy Day Spa for an hour massage and it only cost $20! It was a big room with tons of overstuffed recliners, soft lighting, a water fountain and music. They started with your head, arms and hands, calves and feet and then did our neck and shoulders. It was wonderful! I also have another friend/neighbor who I've spent some time with and our boys play together a lot. We sit and talk for hours while the boys shoot fake guns, track blue sand from the sandbox all over the house, dress up as superheroes, and play trains or cars. Last night, my friend who always plans stuff took a group of us ladies on an hour limo ride (that she won at the fair) and then we met the husbands at a Turkish restaurant. I'd nevewr had Turkish food, but it was pretty good. We had a great time acting like teenagers in the limo and talking over dinner. All this socializing is a little tiring, but it's fulfilling to be able to be around other people.
3 comments:
What a fun night out! I'm also loving the massage idea, that sounds wonderful.
YEAH for you! I'm so glad to see you settling into your new area- girl nights are so healthy for your soul! Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sending the p90x.
How FUN! That is so awesome! Isn't fun to be like a teenager! ok, sometimes. It's nice to a get spoiled and be so carefree for a moment. I loved your thoughts on there are 2 kind of people (an older blogging)! Your awesome Nic!
Post a Comment