We have had such a busy summer, but now I don't have any pictures to show for it. Marco broke the camera the other day. I can't seem to upload pictures onto the computer either. The summer is going by way too fast! It's true that time flies when you're having fun. I just love being able to sleep in until 8:30 or 9, get ready to go have fun and then relax for a while, go swimming, eat dinner whenever, watch tv until late at night and not have to worry about a schedule or doing anything we don't have to do. We've been spending our days at different water parks and going to Grandma and Grandpa's to swim. The weather has varied from super hot to tolerable. Lucia is now a big girl swimmer and goes in without floaters. She can float on her back and she can swim underwater all by herself! She's gained so much confidence in the water this year. Marco still uses the water wings, but he goes all over the pool in them and goes under water with his goggles. Sylvie would just jump in without floaters if we let her. She sticks her head under water and looks around and then comes back up with a huge smile on her face. She is a total water baby! The only thing is she is so skinny, she gets cold easily and so she'll get out and start shaking like a leaf.
We've also been enjoying garden veggies this year. I've made a few loaves of zucchini bread that quickly got devoured. I made a yummy tofu curry stir-fry last night and I'm going to make gaspacho tonight with cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes from ours and dad's gardens. With all the healthy stuff, I have to say we've eaten a lot of ice cream too! It's so good in summer!
We've had a couple of Family Home Evenings at our house and invited friends over to play games and have dessert with us. It's fun and motivates us to have FHE more often when we have another family to enjoy it with.
Reading is another summer activity we've enjoyed. I'm finishing up Catching Fire and will start on Gone with the Wind (again) for book club. I need more reading suggestions. I have a hard time getting into books sometimes. I need something that will get me in the beginning.
Anyway, just some random things about our summer. I don't want it to end, but we are trying to enjoy every minute of it. Happy Summer~
No comments:
Post a Comment