Monday, May 17, 2010

Marco Time

Marco got invited to his first birthday party without Lucia. He was so excited and felt so special to be able to go to a party by himself. He even got to sit by the birthday girl!





Marco has been having more problems with his asthma this week. On Wed., after our playgroup at the park, he came home and started coughing and wheezing. He kept us up all that night and then we took him to see the doctor on Thursday. We're still not sure what bring it on-we know he's allergic to cats and if he gets congested he gets wheezy. It could be he's allergic to pollen and grass. But, asthma is not fun for anyone involved. He has his regimen of prednisone to open up his airways when he's had bad attacks, pulmacort for prevention and albuterol for when he's in the middle of an attack. My sister-in-law Paulette said her kids have been outgrowing their asthma-so hopefully Marco will too.

3 comments:

Campbell Clan said...

Sad! I have a nephew who has it pretty bad. I have been around it a lot with him. Asthma is so hard on kids. They just can play like they want. :(

Dan said...

I bet that was so nice for him to be invited to his own party. Allergies would be my guess for his asthma. (Happening right after play group) I hope he's feeling better. That is so scary!

Jana said...

I have been an asthmatic since birth. I have lots of memories of hospitals, breathing machines and medicine.
Hang in there, it does get easier to deal with with time...