Monday, May 10, 2010

An Almost Perfect Day




Mother's Day....it's hard not to have high expectations of perfectly behaved children, a delicious breakfast in bed, and getting everyone ready and to church on time. Well, those things didn't happen because Marco stuffed a bunch of tp in the toilet and flushed it, therefore flooding the bathroom. Because of this, Julio wasn't able to make breakfast and our whole morning got thrown off. Oh well, can't expect too much. Julio did do way too much in the gift department. Church was really good; all the talks were nice and the Relief Society lesson was really good and we got cookies! I did get a nice afternoon nap. Dad, Brandon and Julio did the dinner; flank steak, pasta salad, green beans, strawberries and flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream for dessert (made by my husband). Mom and I took Chase for a walk after dinner and watched the kids play in the park. So, it was an almost perfect day. I'm so grateful for the mother's I've know in my life and their examples. I'm so happy to be a mother. My children teach me so much-patience, organization, love, kindness, generosity, sympathy, a desire to learn about life and the world. I love them so much and don't know what my life would be like without them!


3 comments:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Crazy coincidence! We had a flooded bathroom on Mother's day, too! I didn't discover it til there was 1/2 inch of water covering the floor, and no one would fess up to clogging the toilet! Instead of missing breakfast we missed dessert. (Who am I kidding, I ate it all after the kids went to bed!)

Campbell Clan said...

Being a mom is the best thing ever! I also love it! Such a cute picture of you and your kids!

Claudia said...

Yes, it was a great Mother's day for me. Thanks again for the cute gifts and for making me such a proud Mom & Grandma! Love ya!