Monday, December 14, 2009

The Ward Christmas Party and Santa

Marco wouldn't go near Santa-just stared at him from Daddy's lap.
Lucia told Santa she wanted a teddy bear and a hug.

Sylvie was very curious about Santa and kept walking close to him and laughing, but when we put her on his lap, that was another story!


We had a very busy weekend, but thankfully, we had friends and family to help us out. Dad, Julio, Kevin, Ben, Gina and Josh painted on Saturday and got a lot done-despite the heavy rain outside. Brandon was gracious enough to watch the kids so I could run errands and help painting the house too. We still have to do the bedrooms, but a lot of it is done!
Saturday night, we decided to go to the Ward Christmas Party. It was a success as usual. The activities included singing carols, eating, crafts, cookie decorating, Santa, and stories. The kids did a presentation on the symbols of Christmas. It was very nice. Lucia was excited to see Santa and sit on his lap, Marco was petrified and wouldn't go near him, and Sylvie was very curious-she kept getting near him, shreeking, and then running away. When we put her on his lap-that was another story! I guess she's brave, but not that brave!
Marco did tell me today, "Santa's fake!" I asked him who would bring him presents on Christmas Eve. He said, "Nobody". Oh well, we'll see.
We are excited for Tami and the kids to come this week! We have so much to do to finish packing. We're going to start moving stuff over on Friday night and finish up on Saturday. It is crazy moving during the holiday season, but it's just how it worked out!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

It's going to be a fun Christmas this year with the kids! Now if we can just get you moved...

Caprene said...

Happy pictures with Santa? Wow, those are few and far between. I'm glad someone's kids aren't afraid of the big man, even if they think he's a fake...

Potters said...

Oh, wish we could see you and the kids. Be sure to let everyone know we are thinking of them. I may get cards out, may not. Trying!

I love the background! This is Serena

Tami said...

How can I get a hold of you?? Your phone is not on and I don't have your land line number yet.