Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas food

I felt in the Christmas food mood today, so I spent the bulk of the afternoon in the kitchen making empanadas and gingersnaps. YUM! Empanadas are a meat filled pastry from Argentina. The ground beef has tons of spices in it and is mixed with raisins and hard-boiled egg and then put inside the dough and made into a pocket. They're baked until golden brown and are delicious! The gingersnaps turned out really good too. Guess I won't be losing those extra pounds anytime soon.
I've been sick all week and therefore have not made much progress with the packing. The contractors told us the house would be done on the 15th. But, with the rain, it will be delayed. We can't wait to move! We still will have to paint the inside before we move in, so that will delay us a few more days as well. We're counting on lots of helping hands.
I'm happy to say I am done with my Christmas shopping! I didn't do too much this year, but that's ok. We've been doing our scripture chain every night and have some fun activities planned. I still need to get Christmas pictures done and a few Christmas cards out to family.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Save me a ginger snap next time! The empenandas were great! Love